Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

How Tatau came to Samoa

Today in reading we read a text called "How Tatau came to Samoa" it's about tattoos from Samoa and when the goddess of canoeing and the sea came the saw a pearl and lost their memory...hardly.

One the people of Fiji said in a song that "(Fijian)Woman are to be tattooed,men are not to be tattooed."So when the come back they see the pearl touch it get short term memory loss and then when the sing the song the think it's..."tattoo the men and not the woman."And so it was that way for many years and then it changed to both genders.

And now the woman are proudly tattooed with a traditional tattoo from their thighs to their knees.(Sorry its late)









No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post